Boston Confidential

Just a novice runner unhealthily obsessed with the shiny future and trying to collect as many T-shirts as possible

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Tad Hamilton Upstaged by kid from That 70’s Show – Big Time!

A friend and I had press passes from Dreamworks to catch the preview of “Win A Date With Tad Hamilton” last night. As I am not “press” per se, but did enjoy the movie (as did the throngs of 14-20 year old girls Dreamworks stocked the theater with), I feel compelled to earn my free pass (a $10 value!) by blogging about the flick.

Loved it. There would be no movie without Topher Grace (sp? It’ll be a household name soon enough. We all know how to spell “Kutcher” by now, don’t we?). It is not a cerebral film and it not the kind of movie I’d see sans free ticket, but it’s cool and doesn’t hurt one bit. I mean, I felt none of the physical pain I endured watching “Maid in Manhattan” on a transatlantic flight (I had seen the other films offered because they were good ones).

When it ended and the crowd of teary-eyed Tobey Maguire fans in low-rise jeans clapped like crazy, I turned to my friend and said, “That rocked”. He replied: “It was an excellent film for its genre”. No Shit! It wasn’t as if I had compared it to “Lost in Translation” for the love of god! Loosen up already – using the word “genre” after seeing a teen-chick-flick is just out of line…I imagine him thoughtfully eyeing a glass of Hi-C musing: “It has an amusing flavor. Fruity, sweet yet slightly tart”. Geez! And, yes, he's gay.


dtaggart2004@yahoo.com