Boston Confidential

Just a novice runner unhealthily obsessed with the shiny future and trying to collect as many T-shirts as possible

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Truth in Advertising

I came across this on Craigslist and just had to share. For some reason, I find this guy almost intriguing enough to respond to his cry for help. Almost.



28, SWM, brown hair, brown eyes, considered attractive by some women, considered a major downer by others. I can't hold down a job any more because of depression, I have a habit of creeping women out, no self-esteem to speak of, and I have absolutely no idea how to relate to normal human beings. I'll probably scare you off after about the third or fourth email, and never find out why. I'm miserable on Cape Cod, so I spend a lot of time in Boston. I write in complex sentences and think in obscure metaphors that tend to annoy people and give me the air of being an intellectual snob. And I feel incredibly guilty about all of this, making me even worse when the antidepressants aren't kicking in.

Just looking for some sympathy sex. I don't expect you to do anything more than be disappointed in me and pity me.